Another high quality harness racing sales catalogue has been assembled for the 2022 edition of NZB Standardbred’s National Yearling Sale held at Karaka and Canterbury Agricultural Park next summer.
The online catalogue for NZB Standardbred’s fourth annual yearling harvest is now available to view here, with printed copies due to arrive in mailboxes in December.
Following on from last year’s successful format, the Sale will operate over four days allowing international buyers to be able to participate via NZB’s online bidding platform at their local time.
- Day 1: Saturday 12 February, 11AM to 2PM (NZT): Parade of Trotters & Pacers
7:30PM (NZT): NZB Standardbred Harness Million Sale Race Series Meeting at Alexandra Park
- Day 2: Sunday 13 February, 12PM (NZT): Sale of Trotters & Pacers, Lots 1 – 138
- Day 1: Monday 14 February, 1PM (NZT): Parade & Sale of Trotters, Lots 139 – 205, selling commences 3PM (NZT).
- Day 2: Tuesday 15 February, 10AM (NZT): Parade & Sale of Pacers, Lots 206 – 310, selling commences 1PM (NZT).
- Day 3: Wednesday 16 February, 10AM (NZT): Parade & Sale of Pacers, Lots 311 – 415, selling commences 1PM (NZT).
For decades, New Zealand-bred standardbreds have performed at an elite level on the world stage demonstrating their strength, stamina and Group One-winning abilities in both hemispheres.
In recent seasons, NZB Standardbred’s very own graduates have added to that lineage of success, dominating on racetracks across Australasia.
- With the oldest just three years of age, NZB Standardbred graduates claimed 14 Group One wins and 27 stakes wins in the 2020-21 season.
- 67 eligible Group One races were won by New Zealand-bred standardbreds in Australasia last season.
- A source of classic winners, NZB Standardbred graduates have won seven Derbys across Australasia last season alone.
- New Zealand-bred horses defended 100% of all stakes races in New Zealand last season, claiming all 39 Group One pacing and trotting races on the calendar.
Buyers will also have the opportunity to secure top-class yearlings from blueblooded families, with a number of siblings to Group One winners and progeny from Group One-winning dams.
- Hollis & Robertson Equine Services presents Lot 6, a filly by Captaintreacherous out of Veste (NZ) (Christian Cullen). This lot is a full sister to top NZB Standardbred graduate and Group One winner It’s All About Faith (NZ).
- Lot 8, a Bettor’s Delight colt offered by Breckon Farms is a full brother to Group One New Zealand Cup winner TheFixer (NZ). The colt’s dam, Tosti Girl (NZ) (Cristian Cullen) is also a Group One winner.
- Lot 78 is a colt by Downbytheseaside out of Lively Nights (NZ) (Live Or Die) and is a half-brother to dual Group One winner Copy That (NZ) (American Ideal). This colt will be offered by Woodlands Stud.
- Also presented by Woodlands Stud, Lot 134 is by Bettor’s Delight out of Champion broodmare Splendid Dreams (NZ) (Dream Away). This colt is a full brother to prolific Group One winner (Our) Dream About Me (NZ) and is also a half-brother to multiple Group One winner Christen Me (NZ) (Christian Cullen).
- Lot 152 is a Majestic Son filly by Begin (NZ) (Sundon) offered by Belmont Park. She is a half-sister to Group One-winning trotter in Australia Tornado Valley (NZ) (Skyvalley).
- Lot 229 is a half-sister to Group One-winning two-year-old and NZB Standardbred Harness Million Series winner Akuta (NZ) (Bettor’s Delight). This filly is by Always B Miki out of Christian Cullen mare Adore To Our Dreams (NZ) and is offered on account of P. I. & P. M. Renwick Farm.
- Lot 261 is a full sister to NZB Standardbred’s poster boy, multiple Group One winner Krug (NZ) (Bettor’s Delight). The filly is out of Group Two winner Champagne Princess (NZ) (Soky’s Atom) and will be offered by Smolenski Stables.
The catalogue boasts a selection of proven and emerging sires representing both gaits, including Always B Miki, Art Major, Bettor’s Delight, Captaintreacherous, Downbytheseaside, Majestic Son, Muscle Hill, Vincent and What The Hill.
Also included is a strong lineup of progeny by first season sires including Lazarus, En Solitaire, Fear The Dragon, Tactical Landing and Volstead.
With 138 yearlings set to go under the hammer in Auckland and a further 277 in Christchurch, the action-packed week of inspections, parades and selling is set to appeal to buyers and investors, both locally and internationally.
All unbroken yearlings purchased at the 2022 National Standardbred Yearling Sale are eligible for the lucrative $1million dollar Harness Million Sale Race Series.
2022 marks the debut of the pre-NZB Standardbred National Yearling Sale meeting, with a mega race night of six Group or Listed races confirmed for Alexandra Park on the eve of the Sale. Starting at the later than usual time of 7:30PM (NZT), the Harness Million Series meeting will be held on Saturday 12 February 2022, before selling commences at Karaka on Sunday.
Buyers can purchase confidently with all yearlings available to inspection during on-farm parades. NZB Standardbred and New Zealand based-agents and trainers will be available to inspect on behalf of prior to the Sale and on the grounds at the Karaka Sales Centre and Canterbury Agricultural Park.
International buyers are encouraged to participate via NZB’s user-friendly online bidding platform, while all New Zealand-based buyers and agents are welcome to attend the physical sale sessions in person in Auckland and Christchurch.
View the full catalogue online here.
For more information, or to get in touch with one of the NZB Standardbred team members call +64 3 381 0141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.