CAMPBELLVILLE, September 8 – Just a week after capturing the Metro Pace, Control The Moment will put his undefeated harness racing streak on the line in a division of theSaturday night at .
A total of 17 two-year-old pacing colts and geldings have been split into two divisions of the Champlain Stakes.
Control The Moment headlines the $117,407 first division from post position one for driverand trainer .
The son ofscored a dominant 1:49.4 victory in last Saturday's $685,000 Metro Pace to remain undefeated in seven starts. Control The has compiled a bankroll of $440,687 for owners Maxwell, Howard Taylor, Edwin Gold and Ben Mudry.
Betting Line, who finished second in the Metro Pace, will look to turn the tables on Control The Moment from post position nine.
The Casie Coleman trainee finished two and a quarter lengths behind Control The Moment in the Metro final. The son of Bettor's Delight has four victories from seven starts to begin his career and Steve Condren will once again handle the driving duties Saturday.
A field of eight will contest the $115,906 second Champlain division.
Tony Alagna trainee Voracity headlines the second split and is coming off a third-place finish in the Metro Pace. The son of Sportswriter has four victories from six starts, including a win in his elimination for the Metro Pace.
Voracity will start from post position six with Waples in the bike.
The Champlain divisions for the two-year-old pacing colts and geldings will take place as Races 11 and 12.
Similar to the Metro winner, L A Delight, the Shes A Great Lady champion, is right back in action on Saturday.
The Bob McIntosh trainee headlines a field of nine in the lone division of the Champlain Filly Stakes for a purse of $241,380.
A daughter of Bettor's Delight, L A Delight was a powerful 1:51.2 winner in the Shes A Great Lady to extend her current win streak to eight in a row. The McIntosh filly's only loss came in her career debut.
L A Delight will start from post position four with Waples at the controls. The Champlain Filly Stakes is Race Nine on Saturday's card.
A field of nine three-year-old pacers will square-off in the $224,907 Simcoe Stakes Saturday.
Artspeak, last year's Metro Pace and rookie pacing colt of the year, headlines the field for the Simcoe. The Tony Alagna trainee is coming off a sharp 1:50.1 qualifier last Friday at Mohawk.
A son of Western Ideal, Artspeak has won three victories from 11 starts this season for earnings of over $409,000. The sophomore pacer has only missed the top-five once this season and brings a career bankroll of $1.2 million into the Simcoe.
Artspeak will start from post four and be driven by Scott Zeron.
Coleman trainee Reverend Hanover will also line up in the Simcoe. The son of Sportswriter has won back-to-back starts since returning to the track for the first time since May.
Last Saturday, Reverend Hanover made a statement with a 1:48.3 victory in a three-year-old open. The Coleman trainee, who was undefeated in four starts last season, brings a career record of six wins from eight starts and earnings of $289,000 into the Simcoe.
Reverend Hanover will start from the rail with Condren in the sulky.
The Simcoe Stakes has been carded as Race Five Saturday evening.
Saturday night's card will also feature the eliminations for the Maple Leaf Trot and the Canadian Trotting Classic. In total, eight stakes races will be contested Saturday night at Mohawk. Post time is 7:25 p.m.
Here are the full fields for the Champlain and Simcoe Stakes.
$224,907 Simcoe Stakes (Race 5)
1. Reverend Hanover by Sportswriter – Steve Condren
2. Lyons Levi Lewis by Well Said – Sylvain Filion
3. P L Idaho by Shadow Play – TBA
4. Artspeak by Western Ideal – Scott Zeron
5. Split The House by Rocknroll Hanover – Randy Waples
6. J Js Delivery by Jereme's Jet – James MacDonald
7. The Wayfaring Man by Dragon Again – Sylvain Filion
8. Go Daddy Go by Ponder – John Campbell
9. Lyons Again by Dragon Again– Yannick Gingras
$241,380 Champlain Filly Stakes (Race 9)
1. Maniana by Sportswriter – James MacDonald
2. L A Delight by Bettor's Delight – Randy Waples
3. Ivy League by Somebeachsomewhere– Jimmy Takter
4. Bernadette by Big Jim – Jody Jamieson
5. Three Dreams by Mach Three – James MacDonald
6. Twin B Thong by Sportswriter– Chris Christoforou
7. Good Will Hanover by Big Jim – Paul MacDonell
8. Heavenly Bet by Bettor's Delight – John Campbell
9. Sports Expert by Sportswriter – James MacDonald
$117,407 Champlain Stakes (Race 11)
1. Control The Moment by Well Said – Randy Waples
2. The Catamount Kid by Well Said – Jody Jamieson
3. Inspiration View by Shadow Play – Randy Waples
4. Nocturnal Bluechip by Bettor's Delight – Paul MacDonell
5. Stonebridge Beach by Mach Three – Stephane Pouliot
6. Racing Hill by Roll With Joe – Yannick Gingras
7. Rock Power by Rocknroll Hanover – Sylvain Filion
8. Rodeo Rock by Rock N Roll Heaven – Randy Waples
9. Betting Line by Bettor's Delight – Steve Condren
$115,906 Champlain Stakes (Race 12)
1. Adrian Hanover by Somebeachsomewhere – Yannick Gingras
2. Sossys King Kong by Dragon Again – Brian Sears
3. New Talent by Mach Three – Randy Waples
4. Nvestment Bluechip by Shadow Play – Jody Jamieson
5. Max Is Back by Somebeachsomewhere – Paul MacDonell
6. Voracity by Sportswriter – Randy Waples
7. Kokanee Seelster by Camluck – Phil Hudon
8. Shoreview by Somebeachsomewhere – Steve Condren