HarnessLink
  • Home
  • Country
    • USA
      • News
      • Entries
      • Results
    • Canada
      • News
      • Entries
      • Results
    • Australia
      • News
      • Entries
      • Results
    • New Zealand
      • News
      • Entries
      • Results
    • Europe
    • UK / IRE
  • Contributors
  • Subscribe
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Harnesslink
  • Home
  • Country
    • USA
      • News
      • Entries
      • Results
    • Canada
      • News
      • Entries
      • Results
    • Australia
      • News
      • Entries
      • Results
    • New Zealand
      • News
      • Entries
      • Results
    • Europe
    • UK / IRE
  • Contributors
  • Subscribe
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Harnesslink
No Result
View All Result
Home Australia

Rando making it count with his claim

16 August 2023
in Australia
by Bevan Greig
0

SYDNEY based reinsman Lucas Rando is heading out to Bathurst tonight (Aug. 16) where he will have four drives on a well-balanced eight-race harness racing program.

Lucas Rando (Club Menangle Photo)

Rando is hoping the trip will be worthwhile with the 21-year-old’s main purpose to combine with astute Sydney trainer Trevor Munday in three races, while his fourth drive will be for Bathurst’s Matthew McCarthy.

Changes to the handicapping system in New South Wales has played into the hands of concession drivers with trainers capitalising on their three and five-point claims to better place their horses throughout the grades.

Rando is one that is relishing the additional opportunities afforded to him due to the changes, seizing every chance he gets to take drives throughout the state.

“I have been fortunate to have been given plenty of great opportunities so far in my driving career there is no doubt. I take them as they come and strive to do my best,” said Rando.

“I am benefitting from going to tracks like Bathurst and Newcastle which is giving me worthwhile experience. I am doing a lot of travelling but am really enjoying it.

“I feel that making these trips away to drive will help advance my career and I am only too happy to do that.”

One horse that Rando will partner tonight is last-start winner The Terrorfier in race two, a former Kiwi by champion New Zealand Cup winner Terror To Love.

Trained by Munday, the gelding was most impressive when winning at Penrith last Thursday night after making his move with 400 metres to run, swooping home from near the tail of the field to score by a neck.

He has drawn gate ten on the backline tonight, so it is likely that Rando with drive The Terrorfier like how he did last week.

“He went super at Penrith last Thursday,” said Rando.

“I have driven this bloke in all his runs since he came over from New Zealand and had previously won with him at Bankstown.

“He really relished the way the race was run at Penrith and finished off nicely.

“Tonight’s field appears to have horses in it with early speed, so hopefully we can land in a prominent spot and get home over the top of them.”

Stablemate, Skreemr is clearly the main threat while Sargeant is the best of three Bernie Hewitt trained runners in the race.

For complete race entries, click here.

by Michael Dumesny, for HRNSW

Tags: Bathurst Harness Racing ClubLucas RandoMichael Dumesny
ShareTweetSendSend
Next Post
Outstanding trotting win clinches Aurora Australis

Harry is home!

Harnesslink

Harnesslink.com is the only harness racing website dedicated to covering news and events in the Standardbred Industry world-wide.

Follow Us

Contact Us
Disclaimers
Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions

© 2024 Harnesslink | All Rights Reserved | NV

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • USA
    • News
    • Entries
    • Results
  • Canada
    • News
    • Entries
    • Results
  • Australia
    • News
    • Entries
    • Results
  • New Zealand
    • News
    • Entries
    • Results
  • Europe
  • UK / IRE
  • Contributors
  • Subscribe
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Harnesslink | All Rights Reserved | NV.