On registration as a user with Harnesslink, you will be required to provide certain personal details about yourself. In addition, when you visit the Harnesslink site, Harnesslink will also collect site usage information as well as information about your computer, browser and operating system, your internet domain and also if you arrived through a link from another website, the URL of the linking page.
Harnesslink may use this information for the following purposes:
- Personalising the content and advertising of the site for you;
- Notification of products and features if you have opted to receive such information;
- To complete orders of goods or services;
- To allow reputable third parties to forward information to you provided that you have agreed to this;
- To improve Harnesslink’s understanding of customer needs;
- To build marketing profiles;
All research and analysis is presented as aggregated information and does not reveal any personal facts about you. We will only provide your personal information to third parties if we have your prior authorisation. This authorisation will normally be obtained at the time of collecting the information from you.
We also use the personal information provided by you:
- To verify your identity and for your assistance if you forget your password and/or log in details (if you are a registered user);
- To authorise and process any credit card transactions which you may enter into;
- For any other use you may authorise.
Harnesslink may use a cookie file that can identify the computer you are using. A cookie file only provides details of your IP address, PC platform, browser and domain. The cookie files are used:
- To ensure that the most appropriate advertising is provided.
- If you are a registered user it will enable you to enter the site and use certain services without having to log on at each instance.
- To track traffic patterns to and from the site.
You have the option to delete cookies from your hard drive or to turn them off in your browser. Cookies are required for member authentication and you will be unable to access your private member sections of Harnesslink with cookies disabled.
Third Party Advertiser
Harnesslink may use third party companies to provide advertisements on the site. These companies may use information obtained from cookies (be assured your name, address or email address will not be included) about your visits in order to assist in making the advertisements more useful for you.
If Harnesslink on any occasion intends to collect, use or disclose personal information about you outside the terms set out above, Harnesslink will first ensure you have the first option to opt out of the collection, use and/or disclosure of such information.